and more from Inspector Panda…or at least the pandy kindy, erstwhile art historians and…um…daredevil drivers!
And now, a word from our sponsor, WOOZPPAH! Did you know that the elephants were going to be leaving Seattle’s Woodland Park Zoo? So, enquiring bears want to know, “why not pandas?” Pandas are cute and cuddly, and bring smiles to the faces of everyone who sees them. Well, maybe some grouchy people might not like pandas, but I bet if they spent some time looking at pandas, they wouldn’t be so grouchy, would they?
Here are the main points we would like to share with the-powers-that-be-at Woodland Park Zoo:
1. The Western Washington climate is perfect for pandas!
2. Bamboo grows really, really well here. (just ask someone whose neighbors planted it on their fence line.)
3. Edinburgh Zoo also has limited parking in a residential neighborhood, and they have created a timed ticket reservation system so that a regulated number of panda fans can visit each day.
4. Pandas are cuter than any other animals.
5. I would buy a membership and so would a lot of other people.
6. Panda tourism!
I’ll be writing more about this in days and weeks to come, but it’s never too early to start asking the zoo, “why not pandas?”
Be the Bear!
Bob T. Panda